direct-vent gas-fired water heater inspection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Canton

Plumber
Reaction score
I'm about to install a new direct vent gas-fired water heater. I'm essentially replacing the old chimney vented which is in a crawl space, this will be in the laundry area and vent out the back of the house 2' from ground. I will also have to run a gas line and water lines about 8' from the old line. What will my inspector be inspecting, and are they're any test involved? In Mass.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
You need to check on local codes as to how far you need to be from windows, doors, ect.

Canton

Plumber
Reaction score
As far as the window's go, you can't be under and have to be at least 2' away. They also require you to have your vent 2' from the ground, I'm going at least 3' due to snow drifts here in the Northeast. I'm just wondering if I'll have to do a gas test from the point of connection, and for the water I'm wondering the same thing.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Gas yes, water I don't know about out there. I am from Littleton, MA but have been in Ohio for quite a while. Things have changed a lot since I left.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks