Drake v. Ultimate

Users who are viewing this thread

drei

Reaction score
What an amazing website and forum! I thought the ability to research electronics on cnet was impressive but this hits home a little more!

I am going to replace three horrible builder toilets (unfortunately AFTER some expensive overflow damage.) After reading this site I will be buying Toto toilets.

Unfortunately money is a concern and the Ultramax is out of my budget. The two-piece Drake is close in price to the one-piece Ultimate. Which is the priority between a better flush system (Drake) and the benefits of a one-piece unit (Ultimate)?

Also, my understanding is that the Ultramax is a commercial grade toilet with a higher capacity. Since we aren't flushing wads of paper towels, is the Ultramax really necessary for residential?

Thanks for your help!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Ultimate is a good value. It's a nice one-piece design, and it's priced well.

I've used them before, performace is pretty good on these.

drei

Reaction score
Which Matters Most?

Thanks for the reply!

I am still wondering if the fact that I can get a better two-piece (Drake) outweighs the benefits of a good one-piece (Ultimate). Long term, which is better?

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Stu L.

Reaction score
that's ok, I sometimes lean towards my toilet after a long night out.

Last edited:

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Look at the Caroma toilets, I like them. Caravell 270 and Tasman

TPA

Reaction score
I have 2 Toto Drakes (installed in ~2002 or maybe 2001) and so far, plunger-free for a house of 4. Without being gross, they see some...um. well., large loads. The old 6-gallon toilets were getting clogged approximately 1-2x per week. Since the Drakes were installed, the plunger's not been used. To be honest, I'm not even sure where it is anymore.

mtjl

Reaction score
drei said:
Thanks for the reply!

I am still wondering if the fact that I can get a better two-piece (Drake) outweighs the benefits of a good one-piece (Ultimate). Long term, which is better?

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

My Dad says there is no difference btwn one piece or two piece toilets when it comes to performance. He says the one pieces just cost more. He has two drakes and thinks they are fantastic. I believe he has misplaced his plunger as well and is unconcerned about it. ;)

Achutch

Reaction score
The Drake is excellent!

I can vouch for the Drake. Mine has been is use for about 5 months and I haven't clogged it yet. It's amazing how the Drake can do so much with so little water. I highly recommend it.

Matt

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks