Reglazing a fiberglass tub. Which technique lasts more? Better?

Users who are viewing this thread

thegoldenhand

Reaction score
Hi! I saw quite a few reglazing threads here but none talked about my question. I had my guest bath remodeled recently and since the shower tub is still almost new, I decided to keep it and planned on having it just reglazed. This is also a guest bath anyway and I wanted to reduce my costs along with the fact that I may sell this condo after 2 years. The color is biege right now and I wanted to reglaze it into white to blend well with my new bathroom design.

Now my question. I've asked several companies about reglazing my fiberglass tub (tub + 3 wall surround). One company uses spray on primer (bonding agent) along with the enamel paint for coloring. They claim that the paint they use dries within 24 hours without the need for any infrared or heated light to help it dry.

The 2nd company claims that for fiberglass they only wipe on the primer and then spray on the paint. After reglazing, they then setup an infrared light onto the tub and leave it on overnight. They then come back in the morning to clean up (remove the tapes and all) and polish the tub.

Also, should I go for that non-skip element sprayed onto the floor of the tub or should I just go with these non-suction based anti-slip mats?

Which of these 2 methods are better for fiberglass tubs??? Is there any difference between the 2? The prices are basically the same. I am located in Southern California.

Thanks!!!

thegoldenhand

Reaction score
Still no advice? Cmon guys, I know you're all for replacing the tub. It just didn't make sense in this situation as the tub is fairly new. I just need help in deciding which of the 2 to get. Is there any difference in results between the 2 approaches?

Thanks!!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks