Swap toilet and sink...and then some

Users who are viewing this thread

Not a plumber

Reaction score
Hi all...first time posting, but have visited many times...

I bought a cape about 2 years ago, built in 1950. The second floor was finished in the 60's or 70's. The time has come for a little remodeling....

In the second floor bath (full) I want to rearrange the sink and toilet locations, the current layout is not very appealing. All the walls/ceilings have been stripped to studs (to reveal a lovely insulation that amounts to little more than corregated paper sandwiched with tinfoil :eek: ). These two fixtures are on the same wall, but seperated by the main vent/stack(cast) and a chase for same - sticks out about 20" from wall, about 8" wide. At the top of the stack is a connection for venting the tub/shower (copper). In the very near future, the roof will be replaced - very small leak in roof where stack exits thru roofline. Eventually, the bath on the first floor will also be gutted and remodeled ~ cosmetically - tiles and new fixtures, no real moving of locations.

Would it be best to remove the cast that is there and replace with ABS/PVC? or just use the sheilded fittings/adaptors to reconnect?
What are the clearances/layout for a new toilet (rough-in)?
What are the clearances/layouts for a sink (drian/supply) - the sink will have a base cabinet.
:confused:

Any help, comments, tips will be appreciated.
(Photo/scan shows existing layout)

Attachments

• scan0007 (resized).jpg
    scan0007 (resized).jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 1,394
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks