Basement Rough In

Users who are viewing this thread

GURTSAK

Reaction score
(Please view pictures)
Hello, I am in the process of finishing the basement of my new home that has a roughed-in bathroom drain fixtures going to an ejector pit. I know the large pvc pipe is for the toilet and the square box I assume is for the shower so that leaves the other pipe for the sink…right?

The problem I am having is how are all these fixtures suppose to fit in? It seems the pipes are too close together, or am I just looking at them wrong. I am trying to frame the bathroom out but I don’t understand which way the toilet, sink and shower will be positioned.

Also does my sink require a vent or can I just vent the ejector pit? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ken

Below are some of the pictures during construction...

Attachments

• P1010017 (Small).JPG
    P1010017 (Small).JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 478
  • P1010065 (Small) (Small).JPG
    P1010065 (Small) (Small).JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 427
  • P1010056-(Small).jpg
    P1010056-(Small).jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 1,739

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
drains

I do not know who inspected and approved that installation, but it would never pass here. The small pipe is the vent for everything, and apparently the sink was planned to drain into it using a tee and then an "arm" to the sink location.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks