(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Chlorine water treatment system

Default Chlorine water treatment system

Does anyone know what's in a turbidity filter and how often it needs replacing.

There are many types of media that can be used. In some instances you can rule out some based on what the filter is supposed to be removing from the water.

You replace whatever it is when needed, and that's when the filter can't do its job anymore. Of course you or a dealer should troubleshoot the filter to make sure the mineral is responsible for the problem.
    Gary Slusser Retired (= out of business)
    Click Here to learn how to correctly size or program a water softener.
    CAUTION, as of Nov 12 2013 all YouTube videos showing how to rebuild a Clack valve have an error in them that can cause damage.

One other question, if during the chlorine treatment I have normal (7.2 or 3 ph) but after the chlorine is removed I now have low ph, say maybe low 6's. What could cause it to go so low during the different processes. After everything my chlorine is 0, hardness is 0 and iron is 0.

Thanks

I suspect the raw water pH test result is invalid. Iron can interfer with a pH test.

Otherwise I have no idea why the treated water pH would be so much lower. Chlorine raises pH.
    Gary Slusser Retired (= out of business)
    Click Here to learn how to correctly size or program a water softener.
    CAUTION, as of Nov 12 2013 all YouTube videos showing how to rebuild a Clack valve have an error in them that can cause damage.