? Delta faucet tub spout mystery

Users who are viewing this thread

pac

Reaction score
Long time looker, first time post.
I have an old bath tub faucet that needs a replacement spout. I have no idea what model it is. The only refference number that I have is a Delta patent no. 3674048
If any one knows, I would appreciate a little help.

2014-04-07 19.50.59.jpg

2014-04-07 19.51.59.jpg

Thank you. Pac man

Last edited by a moderator:

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
I would get rid of the adapter and install a new spout with a proper length brass pipe nipple going into the wall.
If the fitting were deep enough in the wall you could stub out copper and use a slip-on spout.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Take a close look at the O-ring on the adapter...if it's in good shape, fine, but if not, you might want to replace that O-ring. Put a little silicon plumber's grease on it, and it will be less prone to twist or slide out of position when installing the new spout. That is probably one of the best spout anchoring systems out there because it is solid, and you can get your spout installed without a gap and not have to play with positioning of the adapter or the pipe length.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote; I would get rid of the adapter and install a new spout with a proper length brass pipe nipple going into the wall.

Why? That would be like junking a Cadillac and buying a Chevrolet. That "adapter" fits the BEST spouts available, and there are many versions from ones with pull up diverter knobs to the "pull down" diverter rings that I prefer.

pac

Reaction score
Mystery delta faucet?

Thanks for your feed back..

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks