Help identifying cleanout cap

Users who are viewing this thread

dieselace

Reaction score
Cleanout cap broke while being removed. Looking for a replacment, if one exists, but need help identifying cleanout cap and where to possibly get another.

Please excuse my misuse of terms, but I'll try to describe what I'm dealing with.

Pipe/Tee side has a tapered flange. Cap side has 2 pins which tighten against the tapered flange when turned. Rubber gasket on the cap which creates a face seal against the pipe/tee. I don't see any threads on either side similar to the other cleanout plugs I'm seeing online and in hardware stores.

Home was build in the early 70s. I believe the pipe is cast iron. The cleanout cap might be brass. Pipe diameter is appx 4".

Thanks

IMAG8419_resize.jpg
IMAG8421_resize.jpg
IMAG8422_resize.jpg
IMAG8423_resize.jpg

Reach4

Reaction score
Did the threads break off and stay with the tee? See if the material at the edge of the tee opening is brass.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
It is some kind of "cam lock" cap, and as such it is completely "proprietary" to the manufacturer and since I have NEVER seen one, have no idea where you would find a replacement. In addition, since that tee is NOT an approved design, it may NOT have been intended for use in a drainage system , which would make the search even more extensive and difficult.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks