Receptacle distance from cooking range?

Users who are viewing this thread

Skoby

Reaction score
I am remodeling my kitchen. I notice that one of the existing receptacle outlets is close to the cooking range. I'm going to move it as it's too close but wondered if there was a certain distance I needed to be away from it.

Also, while I'm asking. I am moving my refrigerator service. Is there a height requirement for the refrigerator receptacle? Thanks in advance :)

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quoe; Is there a height requirement for the refrigerator receptacle?

NO, but some refrigerators have a specific area where the outlet has to be in order for it to slide in all the way. That area will be specified in the installation instructions.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
For the frig, instead of a surface mounted duplex receptacle, you might want to consider a recessed single instead. But, if you put it where the manufacturer says, the thing will go all the way back. That is not necessarily true if it ever needs to be replaced, though - the new one may want it in a different location.

ActionDave

Electrician
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about a recpt being to close to the range. Back in the day they used to come with 120V plugs installed right on them.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks