water lines

Users who are viewing this thread

Netmouse

Reaction score
I know one should replace rubber water hoses with metal. I did that to the connections to my toilets and on the washing machine. In the photo you can see the black water lines under my sink that go from the shut off valves up to the faucets in my kitchen. I tapped them and they are not rubber but instead seem to be a hard plastic. Is this normal and good?

Attachments

• water lines.jpg
    water lines.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 252
Last edited:

Netmouse

Reaction score
I went to Home Depot today. They opened a box with a Delta faucet and it had water lines that looked just like mine. The water lines are integrated. Their website says it is Pex. The description has -"DIAMOND™ Seal Technology is the revolutionary water delivery system that combines a durable DIAMOND™ Valve with InnoFlex® PEX waterways."

Read more: http://www.deltafaucet.com/smart-solutions/diamond-seal-technology.html#ixzz2zqG98Mjl

SHR

Reaction score
They are normal. I have always had good luck with them as long as they are not cut shorter.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
We have been seeing more and more plastic because only then the manufacturer does not have to prove that it is truly lead-free.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Lead-Free is the new thing in plumbing.
Lead free solder was done in the 80's, and now they're going after faucets. You will be seeing more and more plastics.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks