Convert Fleck 7000 Centaur carbon system to add chlorination / bleach injection?

Users who are viewing this thread

wantonsoup

Reaction score
After installing the Centaur system, that goes into a softener. Both use Fleck 7000. After about 6 months the water got progressively more stinky, sulfur smell. The iron level was low and there's no sludge in the toilet tanks (though there's a faint red line in the bowl at the water line). So we do have some iron. I did a bleach shock chlorination in the well but that only solved the problem for a few days.

I've been reading about bleach/chlorine injection and think that's my only real choice. The smell is driving us bonkers :p

On the website of a major water softener retailer I see they sell an "Eliminator" package which is a Fleck system with Centaur carbon, and also a bleach holding tank. Thinking if I can add the bleach tank to my existing system I'd be all set.

Any thoughts on how to do this easily? I'd love to not add another item into the mix if possible. Hoping I can add on to what I've already got.

Thanks for the insight.

Reach4

Reaction score
I have that Eliminator with the bleach solution tank. 1.5 ft[sup]3[/sup] of CC. 15 gallon solution tank lasts 36 days between regens (every 3 days). Works for me.

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
Does that Eliminator system come with a contact tank? How big? A 120 gallon tank is common, but takes up a lot of room. A smaller "swirly" tank is said to accomplish the same thing as the larger, conventional tank. I've got one but haven't installled it yet. http://www.apwinc.com/retention_tank.html

Reach4

Reaction score
Eliminator does not have contact tank. Solution tank solution oxidizes stuff picked up and held between regens. Solution tank does not get automatically refilled. I have a calendar application remind me.

wantonsoup

Reaction score
I assume I could add the solution tank and setup programming on the Fleck. I just don't know where to buy it, what parts I'll need, and how to program it. :confused:

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks