i have kids need help

Users who are viewing this thread

kenny7275

Reporter
Reaction score
Thank you in advance I've read a lot on here and yal are so knowledgable and helpfull

I have a two inch well casing 100 ft deep static water at 16ft single pipe packer at 40 ft new foot valve and leathers also nes forty ft one inch schedual 60 pvc sta rite mse 7 vertical deep well jet pump one hp

I'm getting 4 to 5 gpm shouldn't it be more
If pump and well are isolated from tank preasure is gone in two seconds pump loses prime why
And how long should cycle tome be on a thirty fidty setting

Last edited:

Justwater

Well Drilling/Service
Reaction score
is it pvc well casing? gpm depends on how much water the well makes.. cycle time also depends on well/pump production and tank size. but yes a mse7 should pump much more than 4-5gpm if the well will give it, especially with a 16' water level. the pressure regulator can/will restrict flow as well if not adjusted correctly.

the leathers could be messed up. if all valves are closed will it make it to 50psi? ..60psi? more? when u isolated the pump from the tank, was the power to pump off? did it try to kick back in at the 30 psi? i'm thinking leathers or steel casing with hole in it. tough to say though without knowing more. if it builds pressure it might be foot valve. but 4-5gpm shouldn't be right unless low producer?

i read your other post. it drops when you isolate the pump because there is no air in the system to compress... so pressure will drop rapidly with the slightest leak. when the tank is in the mix there is air to compress so pressure will decrease much slower.

Last edited:

kenny7275

Reporter
Reaction score
It is two inch galvanize casing and leathers I thought also so this is second set in two weeks same issue it was fine for like half day when id isolate and check both sets of leathers then back to same old thing and I am not running out of water so mse should produce more I don't know how to set water regulator thing
It will build to 50 60 whatever and shut down but when isolated it drops and kicks on if I don't cut power to pump also I can run pump straight out hose spicket I pit bwtween tank and pump and it will stay same amount of watwr forever so I'm sure I have plenty of water for pump to give me more its a new four and a hlf to five foot bladder tank with 28 lbs air when empty not sure gallon size though
Thanks for reply so fast ill answer anything if you can help id be greatfull

Last edited:

kenny7275

Reporter
Reaction score
It is a new foot valve brass from lowes it was 2500 dollars its only been in for four days I could explain better on phone not sure if that's ok on this sote though

kenny7275

Reporter
Reaction score
What if I raise my packer up like 15 ft or more or go deeper and leathers are four days old too I'm so lost here need this real bad

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
You could try to adjust the water regulating screw IN. (Not the pressure switch, But the Regulator that sets jet pressure, where the gauge is mounted.)

IN should increase jet volume / pressure.

You can run the output wide open, and adjust for max flow.

The instructions are in the manual.

Good Luck.

Last edited:

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
Ty for info I don't have manual but will do as you said what if I go deeper woth packer

If the well has plenty of water, then I do not see moving it down to help, Unless maybe find a better place for the leathers to seal.

If you can pull the pump off, You can fill the 2 pipes with water, and check the level to see if you have a leak.

If you try to go to deep, You may loose your packer. ?

The Manual can be had on the internet. I think that is a Flotec.

I lay pipe, and I am not a well expert.

Last edited:

Texas Wellman

In the Trades
Reaction score
It sounds like the footvalve is leaking or the jet assembly was installed wrong. Please go and get either a Simmons or Flowmatic footvalve, that stuff from Lowe's/HD is junk.

If you have a valve on the discharge of your pump close it and then hold the spring down on your pressure switch with a pair of pliers (!!be careful of touching the contacts-you can be electrocuted!!). If the pump cannot dead-head at least 100-psig then there is something wrong with either the pump or jet. MSE pumps are famous for breaking the bottom impeller easily. When you have the pump removed visually inspect the bottom impeller to see if it is broke.

There are lots of little things that have to be installed just right in order for a deep well jet pump to function properly. You need to also have the regulator set at 60 psig when the pump is running for maximum output.

Good luck.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks