leaking from new faucet supply line

Users who are viewing this thread

davidm66yy

Reaction score
I just replaced my bathroom vanity valves and supply lines, along with the faucet. All working, but I have a slow, gradual beading of water on the cold supply line, right above where the hose joins to the nut (see attached). It occasionally drips off, but very slow. This supply hose attaches to the valve with a small rubber gasket inside of it. Do I need to tighten the nut harder? It's already pretty tight - is it possible I over tightened and damaged something? Sorry if these are dumb questions, but I'm a beginner at all of this.

Thank you

IMG_20140417_113434.jpg

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
It is pretty hard to damage it by overtightening, but one problem is the valve. if it is a new one, which it appears to be. It would have been better if it were a 3/8" compression for the hose instead of 1/2" ips. All you can do it tighten it further and see if that stops the leak.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks