Lift rod location when purchasing faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

hayley3

Reaction score
I bought a Peerless bathroom faucet to replace the one in my mobile home bathroom. I pulled the faucet as far forward as I could with the threaded pipes touching the front but the hole for the Lift Rod on the faucet is too far back. The old faucet had the lift rod sitting between the faucet knobs. Anyway I can't use the lift knob now so was wondering if this is common. I thought I just had to make sure it had 3 holes for my particular sink. So I'm assuming I bought the wrong type of faucet. This is almost identical to what I bought:

[h=1]Peerless WAS00XC Two Handle Centerset Lavatory Faucet[/h]
And this is what I had: The hole for the lift rod is on the top of the spout.

http://www.cfgonline.com/cornerstone/chrome-two-handle-bathroom-faucet/_/R-CFG:CA40210

Although it looks like it's behind too. How do I find one that fits is my question or am I stuck with that certain model for the life of the sink?

Thanks,
Cheryl

Last edited by a moderator:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The problem may be your sink. Most sinks have 3 holes which are all the same size, but a few, usually older ones, have a small center hole which is not large enough for faucets with the rod to the rear. Single handle faucets and those with a different type of spout, do not have enough room to put the rod forward to the center.

JerryR

Reaction score
I had a similar issue where there was not much room behind the faucet. Here's a very nice quality Delta faucet we bought where the lift rod goes down the center of the center hole.

It's a great deal if you can use aged pewter.

[h=1]Delta Addison 2592LF-PT Two Handle Centerset Lavatory Faucet, Aged Pewter[/h]

Last edited by a moderator:

hayley3

Reaction score
Thanks HJ, the home was built in 2006 but the holes were the same size, I'm pretty sure but can't check it now.

Thanks Jerry, glad to know I'm not the only one. And thanks for the link. I've decided to just buy a rubber stopper at this point. But have bookmarked that for the future.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
If the holes are the same size there is something else causing your problems because I have NEVER had the difficulty you describe and the faucets are designed to work with the larger openings. Peerless faucets are merely Delta faucets sold to the DIY trade, so it that were a "manufacturing" problem the duplicate Delta valve would have the same difficulty, but they do not.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks