main line video inpection

Users who are viewing this thread

logicunit

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently had main line clog up in my rental property twice in about a month. Once plumber recovered baby wipes.

I got a video camera inspection of the main line. After looking at the video, the plumber said that the pipe is in normal working condition and the stoppage was probably due to the tenants throwing some solid products like baby wipes, tampons etc into the toilet.

What you think of this?
[video=youtube;grT7sis8S-4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grT7sis8S-4[/video]

Thanks in advance
Vadim

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
I think you found yourself an honest plumber who: (1) gave you the tape; (2) gave you narration on the tape; (3) didn't try to tell you that the line needed replacement because the framikatch wasn't snarking the glockenschpiel, like most Rooter guys do.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Your stoppage problems are probably because of the "lagoons" in the pipe where it has settled, especially the few places where the camera head was underwater. The company I use for video inspections would have inserted the camera more slowly, instead of just pausing when he had to reposition his hands. It would also have made a notation on the surface where those depressions were.

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
The vid looks like on fast forward mode indeed.

The causes of the stoppages can be traced back to the tenants. You have the evidences.

In my rental agreements, tenant pays for things like these. It's spelled clearly that only toilet tissue is allowed in the toilets (besides the obvious). You may want to add it to your rental agreements in the future.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks