Yard hose bib, best practice for stress relief

Users who are viewing this thread

abn

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here. I've been lurking for the past couple months and have really enjoyed the discourse and experienced plumbers sharing. I just replaced my water and natural gas lines from the meter back to the house.

I tee'd a 3/4" copper line off the 1" copper line that runs to my home in order to put a hose bib in the front yard...I'm wondering what the best practice is for stress relief to my main line in case the bib gets hit or is pulled on when I try to strech my 50' hose out to 75'. Should I just attach the 3/4" to a support stake? What would you do? I have a couple Rain Bird irrigation valve boxes, should I just plumb the bib below ground? I'm still worried about torsionals and stress from pulling on the hose etc.

abn

Reaction score
Freezing, Winter...what are those??? It was in the 80's last week and upper 70's and windy this week!!! Thanks, for the replies I'll probably put it below ground as you say with a bucket liner packed in sand?

Toolaholic

General Contractor Carpenter
Reaction score
water components sells a in ground [marin co ,san rafael]

water hose recoil box is green plastic with top door sets in ground

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks