Unknown Kitchen Faucet-I need advice on how to uncouple the flex hose connector

Users who are viewing this thread

DIY landlord in CA

Reaction score
I had a tenant a while back who replaced the kitchen faucet in one of my rental units. The faucet does not have any brand markings that I can find so it is making the task of uncoupling this hose sprayer connector an issue. I got it off once a year or so ago, but for the life of me I can't seem to get it disconnected. I need to remove it because it collects particles in the water and clogs over time greatly reducing the flow of water. Picture below any advice would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks

20140411_100218.jpg20140411_100218.jpg

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I had a tenant a while back who replaced the kitchen faucet in one of my rental units. The faucet does not have any brand markings that I can find so it is making the task of uncoupling this hose sprayer connector an issue. I got it off once a year or so ago, but for the life of me I can't seem to get it disconnected. I need to remove it because it collects particles in the water and clogs over time greatly reducing the flow of water. Picture below any advice would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks

View attachment 24362View attachment 24362
That looks just like my Delta kitchen faucet, which has a pull out hose through the swivel spout up above. If it's the same, the white plastic piece in your photo is normally retained with a plastic clip which goes around the slots in the white piece. Up on top, when you pull the spray/aerator wand out of the spout, the hose unscrews from the wand. Just replaced mine last week, so it is fresh in my mind. Even if yours is a different brand, it looks the same. Your photo shows no clip in place, so the hose should just pull off fairly easily from the brass piece it plugs on to. Not much pressure is in that hose, so I think the clip is intended as a safety measure, maybe.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The logical thing, using your photo, is to either squeeze down on the gray ring on top of the white piece or release the metal clips going through it. The hose should also unscrew from that piece.

Hondaman900

Reaction score
Did you find our the brand or parts source?

Hi DIY Landlord, did you manage to find the brand and/or resolve this? I have the identical issue with my RV, I can't identify the brand of pull-out faucet and the folks in Home Depot and Lowes have no idea. The fitting on mine that is broken is the long white plastic one. The "cage" up top cracked in two place so it would open up. Unable to find a replacement I used epoxy resin and a hose clamp to repair the cage. Now the white ring on the copper side with the "teeth" that should snap into the "cage" won't stay attached. BobL43 mentions a clip, but I don't have one (unless it's somewhere inside the cabinet).

Do you know what brand and where I can buy this coupling/parts?

Thanks in advance. I'm trying to get this fixed before we head out to Montana from California in a week.

<<< Oooops! Sorry, I was adding an image and somehow posted twice - forgiev the double-post >>>>

Last edited:

Hondaman900

Reaction score
Did you find our the brand or parts source?

Hi DIY Landlord, did you manage to find the brand and/or resolve this? I have the identical issue with my RV, I can't identify the brand of pull-out faucet and the folks in Home Depot and Lowes have no idea. The fitting on mine that is broken is the long white plastic one. The "cage" up top cracked in two place so it would open up. Unable to find a replacement I used epoxy resin and a hose clamp to repair the cage. Now the white ring on the copper side with the "teeth" that should snap into the "cage" won't stay attached. BobL43 mentions a clip, but I don't have one (unless it's somewhere inside the cabinet).

Do you know what brand and where I can buy this coupling/parts?
2014-06-13 11.46.42.jpg

Thanks in advance. I'm trying to get this fixed before we head out to Montana from California in a week.

Tessa Lau

Reaction score
We just figured this out after an hour of trial and error. Documenting it here in case anyone else stumbles across this page also looking for answers.

Our tenant also had a similar faucet made by Globe Union, model #FP4A4066BNV. The model number is on a white sticker wrapped around the cold water fitting on the underside of the faucet.

The sprayer hose is connected to the copper pipe via two pieces of white plastic, an upper ring and a lower tube. Push the tube up so that its top edge touches the upper ring. This will release the pressure on the plastic teeth and allow you to slide the whole assembly down and off the copper fitting.

To reconnect, do the opposite. With tube and ring held together, slide them onto the metal fitting. Then hold the upper ring in place while pulling down on the plastic tube. This should put pressure on the teeth and cause them to lock in place.

The bottom end of the white tube also unscrews from the flexible hose beneath it. However if your goal is to clean out the mineral bits that have accumulated inside the tube (as ours was), you will need to disconnect both ends so you can clean out the debris.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks