Issues with new kitchen faucet low pressure, great pressure prior

Users who are viewing this thread

Larryn Pearl

Reaction score
Wife is extremely frustrated with the new kitchen faucet. Old faucet we could only turn 25% open otherwise water would spray everywhere, and water was extremely hot and would get hot quickly. After installing new faucet
[h=1]VIGO VG02001ST Modern spiral Kitchen Pull Out Faucet, Steel[/h]
it now takes between 1:12 - 1:21 to fill a gallon pitcher and it takes a good 3 - 4 minutes to get hot water and when the water does get hot it's really not that hot when compared to hot water coming out of bathroom faucets. Bathroom faucets take about 10 seconds to get hot.

We did have a "catastrophe" with our water softener install where the guy plumbed it in reverse and blew resin through out all our pipes, could this be contributing? The post is here https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?56034-Fleck-5600sxt-plumbing-reversed-help

Any recommendations and suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:

Larryn Pearl

Reaction score
Yea we did, no resin in it. I ran a gallon of water through it without the aerator and it took 1:10 for a gallon of water. Could there be a filter or screen somewhere upstream from the aerator that could be blocked?

Last edited:

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
Your faucet is rated at 2.2 GPM, which is normal.

If the aerator is clean, if the stop valves are good and turned on all the way - and you still have low pressure, then the problem is inside the faucet. Disassemble the faucet, clean as needed. Hope this helps.

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
Not knowing your abilities, I can't say. If you decide to go ahead, don't lose parts and sequence. What's the worst that can happen? an expensive lesson?

Calling a plumber is like buying a new faucet.

You make the call.

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
In # 4 of the instructions it says to “attach the silver pressure reducer for high pressure homes.” If that was installed you might need to remove it or clean it out.

[h=1]VIGO VG02001ST Modern spiral Kitchen Pull Out Faucet,[/h]

Last edited by a moderator:

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
I would disconnect the faucet and run the supply hose directly into a bucket to measure available flow. I tried a couple of off-brand faucets in the past and went back to Delta because of the problems.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The reduced flow requirement may be in the faucet's design, i.e.the hose, and not the aerator, in which case that is all the water you are going to get.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks