Fleck 2850

Users who are viewing this thread

Shopco

Reaction score
Is the Fleck 2850 suitable for a GAC backwashing filter? I was thinking about picking up a used one for that purpose but when I checked the on-line manuals (for possible repair costs) they seem to indicate that it is softener valve, not a filter valve. I understand that filter valves are down-flow with an up-flow regeneration. The valve in question was advertised as a filter valve but I'm not so sure.

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
On the large size for a house and the top of the tank will need to be 4" not the 2 1/2 of the 2750.
Also the 2850 is 1 1/2 in out.. in at the back and out on the side.
It can be used as softener, filter flat cap and Pot Per Greensand filter.
Valve parts will not be cheep... piston and seal pack are costly.

Shopco

Reaction score
It will be going on a 14x64 tank and will fit. I know it is over-sized but the one I am looking at is cheap, that is why I am considering it. The question is; is this a filter valve or a softener valve?

NHmaster3015

Master Plumber
Reaction score
It will be going on a 14x64 tank and will fit. I know it is over-sized but the one I am looking at is cheap, that is why I am considering it. The question is; is this a filter valve or a softener valve?

It could be adjusted to work but like everyone else said, probably not a good choice. It is a large commercial valve designed for high flow rates. I'd keep looking.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks