Is this drain arrangment code OK?

Users who are viewing this thread

novaee04

Reaction score
Looking for opinion on whether this is code OK or not. It is inch and a half coming down from a sink, and it goes through this to wye into a 2 inch horizontal drain. Ignore the pitch of the short section, I will make sure that is correct. drain.jpg

Thanks

Sean

novaee04

Reaction score
Here is the rest of the stack. After going through the floor, the 1 1/2" goes up to a san tee which will come out through the wall to the trap under a sink

drain2.jpg

Blll,

I do not follow your comment about the 90 elbows. When you say you cannot use them on the flat, or from vertical to horizontal, why not, and what should I do instead?

Thanks

Sean

Attachments

• drain2.jpg
    drain2.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 263

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You have two medium bends in the wrong location.

From the wye, continue to the other side of the stud, and work backwards to the lav. You're trying to be too cute there, and you've run out of space.
Bends on the horizontal need to be 45's and long turns.
Bends from vertical to horizontal need to be 45's and long turns too.
The only bend that works there is the horizontal to vertical, which can be medium.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote; What? Who's code?

EVERYONE's, if it is a good code, and not the "anything goes if it is cheaper or easier" code. Even IF this were acceptable, it would be a "bear" to snake those elbows, since it is only 1 1/2" pipe.

NHmaster3015

Master Plumber
Reaction score
The horizontal elbow should probably be a long sweep but over that short distance it wouldn't make much difference. It is pretty ugly piping though.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks