Adding a bathroom, and reconfiguring the existing bathroom - some general questions

Users who are viewing this thread

captain pat

Reaction score
Hello again folks, been a while since I've visited. I'd like to gain some professional insight as to the proposed layout. I will be hiring a plumber for this.
renoII0.jpg

The crawl space below has enough room to work, about 3 feet high between the joists. A bit tight, but I fit down there.

The far left in the drawing is the new WC/LAV/SHWR. They do not yet exist. I have removed the wall covering on the plumbing wall. The thick black line is the existing plumbing wall, but reconfigured. It was a straight shot from the bottom wall to the top wall and contains the supply and DWV pictured here: LAV/WC/SHWR from left to right.
renoII1.jpg

The bathroom to the right of the newly reconfigured plumbing wall gets reconfigured. The toilet and lav get a totally new location. The existing tub becomes a new large shower. the tub gets an entirely new location, and will be a free-standing tub (so far, might change that).

Question 1 - how much of the new bathroom can be vented to the existing roof vent?
Question 2 - how much of a bonus would it be if I removed all of the subflooring for the plumber so they might not have to crawl around, and can do stuff without being in the crawlspace?
Question 3 - Can I use that as a factor in determining the cost?

So many more questions, but I'll start here.

Thanks again
Pat

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks