Can I put an toto aqua tank on a vespin bowl?

Users who are viewing this thread

Jyl Safier

Reaction score
Hi,

I like the look of the aquia by Toto - especially the tall narrow tank and dual flush, but am reading about "remains of the day" in the bowl and there is also no CEFIONTECT option. Well, a tank doesn't need CEFIONTECT and the Vespin is skirted with seemingly fewer skid marks so I was thinking I could buy the tank and bowl separately. How would they look together? Would they work together? Would the cotton white colors match? Want to replace three toilets so mistakes are not an option!!! Thanks in advance, your advice and help is greatly appreciated.

BTW: I used to travel frequently to Germany for work and was always impressed that every public bathroom had a toilet bowl brush. I thought "Wow, what a polite culture." Now I think it's because they have ultra high efficiency toilets with small waste spots so this tradition was born out of necessity!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Even if it fit, it may not work well. A dual-flush toilet can't have a very large amount of water in the bowl since, regardless of the flush, it still needs to empty it with either flush...I think you'd end up with just diluting it on the small flush with a Vespin bowl.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
If you like the Aquia, I would install one and see how well it works for you. Terry has installed literally hundreds of them, and it has the lowest return rate of his toilets. People just call and order more. It's a washdown flush, so I'm not clear how it would have "remains of the day". You mean skid marks? I don't think any more than any other.

I think that if you want a dual-flush toilet, you want to have a bowl designed for that purpose. So I don't think the mix-and-match tanks is going to work.

Now, there is the Connelly toilet, which is a universal-height, dual-flush designed with a double-cyclone flush and CEFIONTECT. And, to the extent you can find it, the Maris has a similar set up.

Connelly:

toto-connelly-dual-flush-toilet.jpg

Connelly spec sheet: http://terrylove.biz/toilets/100-toto-connelly-dual-flush-toilet.html

Street price $422.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cheakamus

Reaction score
BTW: I used to travel frequently to Germany for work and was always impressed that every public bathroom had a toilet bowl brush. I thought "Wow, what a polite culture." Now I think it's because they have ultra high efficiency toilets with small waste spots so this tradition was born out of necessity!

My daughter, who lived in Paris for four years, was always scolding us when we visited for not using the brush after every BM. She said Europeans would die rather than leave a toilet bowl dirty. Now that I have a new wall-hung Toto Acquia at home, I see why. The water spot is perhaps a quarter the size of a conventional toilet, so skid marks are inevitable. Luckily, when I installed the toilet, I also installed a wall-hung brush (Hansgrohe to match the other fixtures). I use it all the time, and although it's a bit of a nuisance, I still prefer it to having to clean all around the base of a conventional toilet.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks