basement bath roughed in wrong?

Users who are viewing this thread

deadphish

Reaction score
So the builders of my new construction home plumbed the basement bath rough in and floor drain in the wrong location. They have assured us it is no big deal to move it to where we want it. How concerned should I be with this? Busting up a brand new concrete slab and having dust fly all over a brand new furnace is worrisome.

On a side note, The water piping in the home was done with CPVC. Not my first choice, but whatever, I'm not as concerned with the material as I am some of the pipes are coming out of the wall at weird angles and not nice and straight.

We are pretty stressed about all of this. Please feel free to ease my nerves, or encourage me to raise hell with the builder and their plumbing contractor. I just want my new home to be right.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
A professional company will use plastic sheeting to isolate the area from dust & debris. The concrete can be saw cut and removed in a square or rectangle, so that the new pour does not look like a patch job.

CPVC is recommended in some areas due to water chemistry, and is approved pretty much anywhere. Installing piping in nice straight lines may be mostly aesthetic, but IMO is also representative of the pride and professionalism of the workers who install it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks