Possible to run off a pressure tank and a timer for two seperate functions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Bassadict69

Reaction score
I have an irrigation pump with the intake pulling water from the lake. The output of water is tee'd coming off the pump with an 1 1/2 line running up to my yard for a sprinkler (unfinished irrigation system) on one side and a 1/2 inch line coming off the other side of the tee going to a sink and fish cleaning table. Right now, it is all ran by simply flipping the breaker to turn off and on.

I would love to put a small pressure tank on the small line to use for water to the sink but hope to add some sort of irrigation timer to the irrigation side. Can both of these be done?

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Just use a pressure tank and about a 30/50 pressure switch to control the pump. Then you can add a sprinkler control timer to run one or more electric valves for the irrigation. Just make sure your irrigation zones are large enough to keep the pump running and not let it cycle on and off while using water.

Bassadict69

Reaction score
So come off the main pump discharge to the tank, then tee off downstream from the pump, one to the sink and one to the irrigation line?

Bassadict69

Reaction score
Just use a pressure tank and about a 30/50 pressure switch to control the pump. Then you can add a sprinkler control timer to run one or more electric valves for the irrigation. Just make sure your irrigation zones are large enough to keep the pump running and not let it cycle on and off while using water.

Can I get away with a small tank without the pump cycling like crazy?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks