Pside-kick kit - additional required plumbing hardware

Users who are viewing this thread

foolhardy

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out what all is needed to implement the pside-kick kit, PK1A. Is any other hardware required beyond a check valve and shutoff before it and a shutoff after?

Thanks for your input.

water-flow-v01.jpg

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
The submersible pump should have a check valve on it. You don't need another check valve. A shut off valve after the Pside-Kick kit is a good idea, but don,t put a shut off before it.

Oh and I just saw the "solar powered" thing. Solar powered pumps that have a helical shaft or diaphragm type pumps will not work with a CSV.

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score
My suggestion to anyone installing a CSV or anything else made of stainless steel, would be to use PVC adapters on both sides, trying to get stainless fittings leak free can be a real challenge.

I'm happy to report that the guy we installed a Pside Kick for a few weeks ago is happy with the product and our installation.

foolhardy

Reaction score
Solar powered pumps that have a helical shaft or diaphragm type pumps will not work with a CSV.

I may have over-complicated things. When I say solar powered, I mean that it will be a regular AC pump wired to a house electrical system with a grid-tied photovoltaic system. This is because I want the pump to use regular "grid power" under normal circumstances. It will really only be directly solar powered in the case of an outtage, wherein the solar panels will go through an inverter which sends AC power to the pump.

Does that change things at all as far as limiting my pump options?

Thank you for the help.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
I mean that it will be a regular AC pump wired to a house electrical system with a grid-tied photovoltaic system.

Well then a Pside-Kick will work great with that system. A CSV will work with solar powered pumps that use regular centrifugal impellers. But with a small pressure tank you may want a couple extra batteries for storage, because there is very little in the pressure tank.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks