Quality multi-function handheld showerhead with pause function

Users who are viewing this thread

NikiLC

Reaction score
Hello all,

I may be asking for the impossible, but... I am looking for the "perfect" handheld showerhead & would appreciate your thoughts & advice.

These are the characteristics I am hoping for in a handheld:
* Multi-function that would include a massaging function and also a directed/focused spray that would be good for washing dogs.
* The ability to temporarily pause the spray from the showerhead - for soaping the kid, dog, etc.
* High quality, but light enough to be functional when using as a handheld.
* The shape of the handle is comfortable to hold for small to large hands.
* The head itself is not so large/heavy/unbalanced as to make it unwieldy.
* Low water usage but strong flow.
* Comes in brushed nickel that does not have a slight yellowish tint (to me Delta & Hansgrohe's brushed/satin nickel are on the "warmer"/yellowish end of the spectrum).

Thoughts & recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
#2 would normally be a no-no, because a "pause" could turn in to a full time shut off which would cause all kinds of problems elsewhere in the plumbing system. Some of the other requirements are contradictory.

Last edited:

NikiLC

Reaction score
Sorry, I don't think I used the right terminology with the word pause. I am glad there are folks who do, but I don't understand the technical aspects at all.

I did do more research and found there is an American with Disabilities Act guideline that "to be ADA accessible, hand-held showers should include a non-positive shut-off control which turns off the flow of water using a control on the actual hand—held shower". So far I found the Kohler Forte hand held meets the guideline.

It's not surprising that some items on my perfect handheld wishlist are contradictory - what can I say, I want it all. :} Could you help me out in understanding the ones that I should give up on?

Thanks!!

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Yep Kohler Forte 10286, but it doesn't come in the color you want.

Also K-10343 comes in brushed nickel.

I think there is a lot of confusion on amateur and DIY sites about what 'non positive" means in this context.

Last edited:

NikiLC

Reaction score
WJCandee, I should have asked - can you clarify what non-positive means for this situation?

Thanks again.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks