Trying to Identify Roman Hand Shower Replacement Hose

Users who are viewing this thread

Tim Dini

Reaction score

Need to replace the hand wand hose on a roman tub filler.

Metal Spiral
Length: 78"
Ends: 1/2" IPS x ? (Typical Hand Wand Size)

Hose setup looks very much like the Hansgrohe Axor #13444181 (same safety sleeve configuration) but has a separate divertor (5 hole installation). Hansgrohe says it's not theirs, telling me the 1/2" faceted end is not something they've ever produced, and that they've never produced a 5 hole roman valve.

Anyone here able to identify this?

Setup very similar to this...

Hansgroge-13444181.jpg

These are the ends:
One is 1/2" ips, the other is typical of hand wands.

20140408_143525[1].jpg

Closeups of 1/2" IPS end that Hansgrohe says they've never produced.

20140408_143638[1].jpg
20140408_143657[1].jpg

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
That end is "generic" and is common to many, many manufacturers. The "hand held end" however is NOT and you would either need to change the head or find out whose it is and get a hose with that connection.

Tim Dini

Reaction score
That end is "generic" and is common to many, many manufacturers. The "hand held end" however is NOT and you would either need to change the head or find out whose it is and get a hose with that connection.

Actually, both ends are 'generic' and used by many manufacturers. Changing the head is not an option, so yes, I need to find the manufacturer. That is the reason I posted on this forum, hoping someone would be able to recognize a 5 hole roman tub valve that includes the safety hose like the Hangrohe "Secuflex".

Since posting my query, I have found a Hansgrohe #94148000 which looks like the hose I'm looking for. Although, Hansgrohe continues to tell me that it's nothing they've ever produced.

hansgrohe-94148000.JPG

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Having a hose that works as a replacement doesn't mean they don't know their product line...that sort of hose could often end up working on multiple devices from many brands.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
If the "head end" were generic, it would also have the flat 1/2" ips thread with a gasket. Having an "insert end" with an "O" ring seal, makes it proprietary to that head and manufacturer.

Tim Dini

Reaction score
If the "head end" were generic, it would also have the flat 1/2" ips thread with a gasket. Having an "insert end" with an "O" ring seal, makes it proprietary to that head and manufacturer.

Perhaps you're confusing the generic attributes of the ends which, as I stated, are both generic, with the generic attributes of the hose assembly, which I understand is proprietary. In any case, the Hansgrohe #94148000 is in fact the OEM replacement hose for the "Secuflex" connection. The Hansgrohe technical support personnel where mistaken when they stated that they've not produced such a hose assembly.

Tim Dini

Reaction score
Having a hose that works as a replacement doesn't mean they don't know their product line...that sort of hose could often end up working on multiple devices from many brands.

Hansgrohe stated that they've not ever provided "that sort of hose", yet I found the exact hose in Hansgrohe packaging. The Hangrohe #94148000 is the OEM replacement hose assembly. That suggests to me that the Hansgrohe technical support personnel I spoke with do not know their product line. You are free to make your own conclusions.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks