DWV layout drawing, first attempt...

Users who are viewing this thread

WiWilliam

Reaction score
Here is some background info.

Existing ranch house, moving the location of the only bathroom.

This drawing took me forever, I know the wyes and combos are not reduced to 2" but it was the best I could do for this drawing today. They will be a 3 x 3 x 2" fitting.

I also know the 2" vents on the lav and shower could/should be 1.5" All vents will tie together in attic and go out though 1 roof penetration.

Talked to the inspector and he told me I need to maintain a full size vent through the house and out the roof. I don't really see what the 3" vent I placed in the drawing is doing, my guess is nothing. With that said should I eliminate that and make it a 3" vent coming off the water closet? I cannot take the vent straight up from the stack, it would run through the middle of a bedroom if I did that..

Remove the toilet for cleanout, not the best I know but I don't have room. There are obstructions in the basement and that is why i have to have the 3" ran like it is, even where it offsets under the center beam. I can't lower it to make it straight, the closet bend is as low as I can go and dictates the starting point.

1939650_10153974403490268_4562834099336076861_o.jpg

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
For the end of line cleaout, you may want to run the 3" to the lav. That way you can hide it in the cabinet.
You could also run the 3" vent either at the lav, or at the water closet.

The 3" cleanout could have also been at the toilet vent.

The 3" vent near the beam does nothing.

WiWilliam

Reaction score
Hey Terry thanks for the fast response!

Ok I will eliminate the useless 3" vent @ the beam.

I will probably make the WC vent the cleanout location with a chrome wall cover then. If I do that can I have it at the height roughly 56" above finished floor? I would hide it behind a towel rack that way.

Lets say I did decide to run the 3" to the Lav for the cleanout and venting. Could I eliminate the 2" vent on the toilet then?

Bathroom is 9' x 10'

Drawing isn't really to scale.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Hey Terry thanks for the fast response!

Ok I will eliminate the useless 3" vent @ the beam.

I will probably make the WC vent the cleanout location with a chrome wall cover then. If I do that can I have it at the height roughly 56" above finished floor? I would hide it behind a towel rack that way.

Lets say I did decide to run the 3" to the Lav for the cleanout and venting. Could I eliminate the 2" vent on the toilet then?

Bathroom is 9' x 10'

Drawing isn't really to scale.

You can wet vent the toilet through the lav. Yes.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks