Sump and Sewage pump supply question

Users who are viewing this thread

delta_v

Reaction score
Hi all,
Doing major reno of my new (old) house including underpinning and waterproofing the basement.
Unfortunately, we'll need a sewage ejector as the new basemnt level is lower than the old sewer. We have significant water issues so I definitly wan the best sump system I can get. I'd like to do a duplex sanitary after having to replace my father in law's single sewage pump on a long weekend and dealing with the contents of a full basin!
I have a connection with a supplier that is happy to sell to me direct but I wanted to double check on pricing and what they're supplying as it's significantly more expensive than the standard stuff I can get at the box stores but also seems in a different caliber.

What they're suggesting;
Storm duplex system
2 barnes 2SE-511L 1/2hp pumps
Control panel with relays for remote signal
High water alarm
4 Mechanical floats
36x60 fiberglass basin with steel lid

Sanitary duplex is the same.

Can anyone give me an idea of cost to supply a system like this? Opinions on what they've suggested?
I'm happy to pay for a top shelf system if it's reasonable.
Thanks,
Chris

Reach4

Reaction score
1. I suggest that you use "overhead sewers" so that the main floor is gravity fed to the sewer. Can't beat gravity. The pipes can go across the basement ceiling, but they can go out more than one place in the house, and join up in the yard closer to the street.
2. For the basement, Zoeller has a good reputation for both grinder/ejector pumps as well as sump pumps. Barnes may be great. I don't know. Only the basement sewage goes into the ejector pit. It is more money to install typically than running everything in the pit. But is sure reduces power failure and pump failure anxiety.
3. Basement watchdog makes good battery backup sump pumps, but there are sump pumps powered by city water pressure that can do the job without relying on batteries. Those are relatively cheap.

delta_v

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply,
Upstairs will definitely be gravity- no point paying to pump everything if I don't have to!
There will be a battery backup and as I am redoing all electrical, we're putting in a generator transfer switch so we can charge and also run our boiler in the winter.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks