How to access foot valve

Users who are viewing this thread

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
You don't want to take those bolts out, as the other half will fall in the well. They just need to be loosened a little. Even if they won't loosen, you can probably still pull up the well seal. Looks like you will need to lift pump and pipe at the same time. Your check valve is at the bottom of the well where those two pipes connect.

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score
Cary

Did they have Kabakoff well seals down there? We used them by the truck load up here.

For those who don't know, the bolts were drilled at the end of the threads, and there were little stainless steel D rings inserted into the holes that prevented the bolt from being removed

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
No that is not a brand I am familiar with. But the D ring is a good idea. I don't know how many times I have seen people loosen those bolts too much and drop the bottom in the well.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks