Premier Essen quality?

Users who are viewing this thread

JustShootMe

Reaction score
Anyone have an opinion about a brand called Premier? I'm looking for a metal, metal, metal tub/shower/faucet in my price range. I bought a Moen for a little less, and it's all plastic except for the lever. All plastic. Premier is all brass, according to its site and everyone I've asked. But they're sellers; I want opinions from people who know what they're doing and aren't trying to sell anything.

JustShootMe

Reaction score
Never mind. I not touching an unknown brand whose sellers say they don't stock parts. I'm seriously thinking of replacing my three-handle Briggs faucet valve body with a Briggs Sayco 308. The first one lasted 60 years.

briggs-308-2-0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
It is now much harder to find an all-metal tub/shower valve, or any potable water valve at all for that matter...federal regulations became effective the first of this year which prohibit lead, and you'll find brass, without at least a little lead in it, is brittle and very expensive. In fact, I was told, unless they meet the requirement, the stores can no longer legally sell them...they had a couple of years warning to get rid of the older stock and switch, so they should have had enough time.

IOW, good luck trying to find all metal ones.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The three handle valves haven't been code for at least twenty years.
No plumbing inspector would pass that off.

They still sell them though. I don't put them in. I switch them out to single handle pressure balance or thermostatic valves.
It's no fun having inspectors pull your stuff out.

Moen, Delta, Kohler, Grohe, Hansgrohe,

I installed Premier maybe twenty years ago for about six months. That's how long before they called wanting repairs. That was enough for me.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks