Questions about air in supply lines and deep well

Users who are viewing this thread

Jeff_Bathroom

Reaction score
I see one other thread that the sulfur eliminator was discussed in on terrylove.com and nothing beyond that.
I think if I knew that the money back guarantee was bullet proof and not infested with lawyer ease, I might consider one
if I had sulfur smell. But for $600, there's pretty much only 1 review on the entire internet for the deluxe model that
supposedly gets rid of iron. I'd have to see a whole bunch of reviews over at least several years before I'd consider that one.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
You would really need to have a water chemistry test performed to be able to properly deal with it. There is a different forum header here on the website for water treatment issues.

Jeff_Bathroom

Reaction score
You would really need to have a water chemistry test performed to be able to properly deal with it. There is a different forum header here on the website for water treatment issues.

The original question was more a matter of curiosity since I didn't know that filters couldn't or shouldn't be placed on the inlet side of
the tank. It would seem to make so much sense for my big iron filter to be on the inlet side. It would presumably keep my tank and AVC float mechanism a lot cleaner.
I'll leave it at this since my water is good. Assuming the new AVC fixed my issue and after seeing the condition of the old one; I'll bet it did...
then I just have to either clean this new one periodically or just swap it out when it gets gunked up again. This house is
new for us and I was unfamiliar with the technology of private wells. I now know of a likely point of failure and what the symptoms will be. I was considering ordering
a replacement AVC now so that I have it on hand. Of course that would be a waste if the tank sprang a leak, but it's only 13 years old. In any case,
I'll wait at least three months to be sure that it did in deed fix the problem.

Thanks for everyone's input, suggestions and patience with me during the learning process. This is a great and responsive forum. I've always
gotten answers I needed on terrylove.com.

Jeff

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks