Water a little dingy after regen

Users who are viewing this thread

yeto

Reaction score
I did a resin bed cleaning using SIO and my water was crystal clear and smelled and felt clean. After 500 gallons the system regened and now the water is slightly dingy with a slight smell. I am using the green bags of salt with the iron out additive. Would anyone know as to why I was not getting dingy water before the regen with the SIO resin bed cleaning and now I am getting dingy water after the regen? I did not use any water during the regen because my WaterBoss softener goes into bypass during regen and I didn't want any hard water to enter the house.

Gary advised to just use SIO and not to use the green bags of salt and I am thinking this will be the best solution for me. After the resin bed cleaning with SIO my water was crystal clear.

I think I read somewhere that SIO will reduce the life of the resin. Is this true?

Thanks in advance for any help,
yeto

Last edited:

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
If you have gone a number of months removing from the water and now are trying to clean the resin, it could be the system is not rinsing the resin completely of the iron you are trying to clean off the resin. Try a back to back regen.

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
For some reason, it won't let me edit my post so here is the edited version.

If you have gone a number of months removing iron from the water without using a resin cleaner (iron out) and now are trying to clean the resin, it could be the system is not rinsing all the iron off the resin. Try a back to back regen or it may take several regens to properly rinse.

yeto

Reaction score
For some reason, it won't let me edit my post so here is the edited version.

If you have gone a number of months removing iron from the water without using a resin cleaner (iron out) and now are trying to clean the resin, it could be the system is not rinsing all the iron off the resin. Try a back to back regen or it may take several regens to properly rinse.

I will try the multiple regens.

Thank you for your help,
yeto

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks