Another Newbie in search of a Water Softener

Users who are viewing this thread

210craig

Reaction score
I have a 12yo Aquapure s200me that has sprung several pinhole leaks. Priced out replacement tank plus I have to have an adapter (this model valve does not screw in) $310.00. With age I decided to go new. Seems like the Fleck 5600SXT is popular. Looking for recomendation on size and any recomendation on where to purchase online.

Particulars:

Hardness: 17GPG
Iron: 1 PPM
People: 3
Bath: 3

spete112

Reaction score
I just bought the Flex 5600 SXT I will be careful and leave the advice to the experts on this forum. Having said that I have a little more hardness and iron then you. Not much however a little more with just two people in our house however we have some high water use fixtures. So I am thinking your third person would probably equal our softner demand. Which is the 2 cu foot of resin and so far am very happy with what I bought. I don't want to violate any rules on this forum so if your would like to PM me I would be more then happy to tell you where I ordered my softner at. I was very please with how I was treated they shipped very quickly and did everything they said they would. They were the cheapest I found even though I was not looking for the cheapest price and they offered Paypal so my credit card was safe. The last added bonus was they shipped from their own facility not from a third party dealer.

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
You will have to use a resin cleaner with that much iron. I use iron out powder in with the salt. A 2 CF will work great for your application.

210craig

Reaction score
i used Iron out in the old softener and I took the valve off and look at the resin in the tank, it looked pretty clean (creamy color) for 12 yo. Admittingly I don't know what clean resin looks like.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
There is a great hybrid design being released in a month that will be a traditional softener with true iron removal without affecting the softeners capacities of efficiencies. It uses off the shelf components, no proprietary equipment. I will PM you some information. It is in final test phase now so it wont be available for a few weeks.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks