newbie question about tankless heaters

Users who are viewing this thread

mrbb

Reaction score
OK I am both new to this site and new to tankless water heaters
I have a hunting cambin that is an older mobile home
have it now about 12 yrs, and ever since I got it, I cannot keep a water heater for more than 4 yrs without them rusting out the bottom, and due to location, I can only use the small 30 gallon mobile hime water heaters, anything bigger just will not fit
so, I have been wondering about tankless water heaters
and they seems like a great idea, but I hear so many folks say they just don't work as well s they sound
so looking for honest opinions on if I was to buy one, what one to get and or if there worth getting
there is only one shower in the place, and a washer machine, and kitchen/bath sinks
and never more than two hunters in camp at a time
so the 30 gallon water heater has been plrnty of hot water s we use it
having more would be a plus
but I am just tired of changing water heaters every 4 yrs or finding one leaking sooner
so??
any honest help./advice/suggestions would be much appreciated

cicerored

Reaction score
Why are your water heaters failing? If the water is corroding them or are they clogging because of hard water? If so I think you will have the same problems on the tankless as well. You may want to look into a water softener or PH neutralizer.

mrbb

Reaction score
Why are your water heaters failing? If the water is corroding them or are they clogging because of hard water? If so I think you will have the same problems on the tankless as well. You may want to look into a water softener or PH neutralizer.

I personally think my water heaters are failing so fast due to thsi pressure tank has been going for a while, leaving rusty metal on the bottom of the water heater tanks
Plus off and on for yrs this heater heater would hold water for weeks at a time, and not get any use, along with the whole water system, due to no one being at the place for weeks at a time
so all that rusty water/metal sitting in the tank, was killing them
I do NOT think I have a hard water issue, as there is never any rsidue left behind, no lime scale , or build up on anything in shower/washer or?
plus when I had the water tested last, it never said anything about having hard water(not saying it couldn't just it didn't )

I plan to get the water tested again
but my question here is more how well do on demand water heaters really work, what all is needed to have one work well, and are they worth the troubles, over a water heater tank?
and thanks for the reply, and sorry about the delay getting back here, had a death in the family

appreciate any more feed back reply's
thanks again

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks