water flow rate

Users who are viewing this thread

meplumb

Reaction score
I have a new delta 1755 shower and tub faucet and I am not happy with the flow rate. I know that the flow is regulated by the valve, but I would like to know if there is any way to increase the flow by altering the valve? I have plenty of pressure and there is nothing in the line retricting the flow, so I know it's just the valve. Please let me know what options I have.

Bob NH

In the Trades
Reaction score
I just installed a Moen shower valve that had a restriction in the valve. It was in the line that diverted the flow from the tub outlet to the shower outlet. I was able to drill out (enlarge) the passage without any other effect on the valve.

You could also examine the shower head to see if there is any restriction that could be removed. That would be the first place to try.

Your valve is a "spout diverter" model. If you are interested in the shower and not concerned about the tub, you might invert the control valve so the tub outlet goes to the shower. There is usually no restriction in the tub outlet. Warning: I have never done that. It could cause water to come out the shower when you are trying to fill the tub.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
valve

Drilling the ports larger could damage the valve. And the restriction is probably in the operating cartridge anyway, not the brass body. Inverting the valve, which is not always possible and still keep everything oriented properly, will only work for a shower only situation.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks