cloudy looking water?

Users who are viewing this thread

Johnny Turner

Reaction score
Ok so does anyone see a reason why I can't treat this water and use it safely? I mean the water going to peoples homes right now has people in house boats dumping sewage into the lake plus all the animal feces being washed into the lake correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't that mean their is a lot of e coli bacteria present in the lake water that is being treated and then sent to peoples taps ?? I know that this spring has surface water going into it but does not a well a shallow well under 100' also going to have surface water influencing it as well? And from what I read anything under 100' in depth could not be filter by the earth proper and therefore could have the same issue as this spring. Is there something I'm not seeing here ?

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score
Yeah,

Properly drilled wells have steel or PVC casing set into competent bedrock that is properly grouted in to prevent surface water from entering into the well. Properly constructed wells rarely test positive for Ecoli.

Properly treated human waste can be consumed right out of the treatment plant. Its doubtful that you have the equipment, time, money and expertise required to maintain a system that would be 100% reliable 100% of the time.

Johnny Turner

Reaction score
Yeah,

Properly drilled wells have steel or PVC casing set into competent bedrock that is properly grouted in to prevent surface water from entering into the well. Properly constructed wells rarely test positive for Ecoli.

Properly treated human waste can be consumed right out of the treatment plant. Its doubtful that you have the equipment, time, money and expertise required to maintain a system that would be 100% reliable 100% of the time.

So you don't feel this water could be safely treated with a 1 micron filter and UV sterilizing light?So I been looking around online and I have found a lot of places that say to treat it with a UV light and you yourself suggested I do this .So is this method not safe also I believe if I stop surface water at the hole it collects in and shock it with bleach and retest the e coli won't be there. Also I remember drinking from this spring 15 years ago without any treatment at all my dad and brother drunk from it as well often he did shock the hole with bleach .That water I had tested was after a very hard rain and a lot of rainfall and there was only 1 count of e coli present that I believe came from the frogs and critters at the hole itself but I could be wrong there .What I wouldn't like is the ideal of a animal dying up hill and then going into the water . I know that their isn't a huge amount of sewage going into this spring as their is nothing like that even remotely close to it.An occasional raccoon dropping might find it's way there IDk now really what to do I done pretty well invested in this thing and have the big blue filter and the uv should come in today . I'm thinking now of building a platform and putting a 55 gallon barrel with layers of rock sand and charcoal and using that before it enters the tank.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks