Slow drip from refill tube

Users who are viewing this thread

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
The r528 CAP is the "seal" in the korky/hunter 528.

Original poster: Terry recommends replacing that R528 cap if you have that Korky valve. You can be confident doing that.

If you were paying $100+ for a plumber to come out, then, hell-yeah, might as well spend the extra $10 for the whole valve to be replaced, although you wouldn't pay Home Depot parts prices to a plumber, who will have to mark that part up to account for the cost of inventory.

But as a DIY project, go ahead and replace that cap first and see if it doesn't solve your problem.

Last edited:

greggor36

Reaction score
Sorry, I forgot to post a follow-up once the fix was completed. I tried installing just the r528 Cap first but it didn't fit in the Toto mechanism so I replaced with the 528MP and the install was quick and now it works perfectly! Thank you again to everyone for all the help! You guys are the best! Thanks!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks