backing up double sinks

Users who are viewing this thread

Man00

Reaction score
One sink will backup into the other. They will drain but suds and water will come up in the other. The wall drain is about 8" above the trap. Sorry for the crappy pic, this is a rent home of mine.
rsz_img_4269.jpg

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
Replace the disposer elbows with a straight outlet, and then shorten the sink tailpiece so the trap can be turned around and raised.

SHR

Reaction score
Replace the disposer elbows with a straight outlet, and then shorten the sink tailpiece so the trap can be turned around and raised.

It looks to me that you may still end up having to lower your drain outlet in the wall. While you are at it get rid of the Romex-type wire to the garbage disposal. Change it to a electrical wall outlet and disposal pigtail cord.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks