Recommend a toilet in Canada

Users who are viewing this thread

Yngwie_69

Reaction score
We live in a place where water is not an issue and we dont have water meters installed on are houses, the company i work for does not know anything about toilets, and they order mansfield toilets, I guess cause they are cheap, Im looking for a alternative to that which is a decent price to, cause theres not alot of money in this town. I find this toilet low flush and cheap.

glazer1972

Reaction score
Western Pottery B872 Bowl with T8ULFHET Tank.

or

western-b832-t8-hp-02.jpg

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Availability in Canada is sometimes quite different than the USA, so what we may like may not be readily available there. In the USA, toilets sold must use 1.6g per flush or less (some places are less, and it's going down). Older toilets tended to do a better bowl wash because they could use as much as 6x or more water. Those can't legally be sold in the USA, I'm not sure about Canada. My personal experience with Toto toilets has been good, and I recommend them to people that ask...their prices vary considerably based on style, but their performance is good except for the price leader 2" flush valve ones (but those are still better than some others sold at that price point). A good workhorse are ones of the Drake line, but you can spend lots more on style, but not really improve performance. Probably those with the best bowl wash are those using their double cyclone flush system, and those are the newest versions, but on some, the older version is still available.

Bill Shack

30years plumbing 10years plumbing inspector
Reaction score
I really like Drake TOTO toilets, most plumbers would install then in their house. In Canada you can not buy anything with a larger flush than 1.6 gpf . BTW toto has the best flush I ever saw.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks