Condensate drain tankless hotwater tank

Users who are viewing this thread

Yngwie_69

Reaction score
Help me with condensate line, I was told to just run it through the wall outside, but i hear storys of the line freezing and plugging up. and i heard the condensate eats away abs pipe. I put a neaturalizer filter inline, and a over flow if it plugs up, there is a floor drain close by to, if the main sewer backed up it would come out the floor drain. What is the proper way to run the condensate line? will this work? I also heard laundry soap nuturalizes condensate to.

Ohh and the laundry drain is way lower then in the picture, like 2 feet between the tees

Attachments

• hwt1.jpg
    hwt1.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 2,945

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
There are a bunch of condensate pumps, and if the outlet is lower than the top of the laundry box, I'd get one, and run it into there. Little Giant makes a bunch of different pumps, and most of them aren't all that expensive.

cicerored

Reaction score
My understanding is that the condensate is about a acidic as orange juice or soda. It is not immediately caustic. The only thing I am not sure about is the ABS issue, because we use PVC here. But, if you have installed a neutralizer, you can safely drain it to any household drain. By your picture, it looks as if you can drain it by gravity. By the way, the plastic pipe provided with the units for moving the condensate from the unit to the drain is very thin, cheap plastic. It is way less durable than any abs or PVC. If the companies are comfortable with providing this to the customers, I am sure your abs pipe would last about a million times longer.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks