Help me pick a toilet from a list

Users who are viewing this thread

TEO

Reaction score
I live in Austin, TX. We have a program in which the City will provide a rebate for the purchase and installation of one of the preferred toilets from their list.

What toilets from this list would you recommend? Are any of the toilets from Lowe's or Home Depot worth buying?

The list is available at
http://www.ci.austin.tx.us/watercon/toiletrebatelist.htm.

Thanks,

Kevin

Mike50

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
If it's easy to go green-why not? Dual flush TOTO Aquia. It's the way of the future. It's also the nicest looking toilet. New in the US. Used successfully in Asia for over 5 years.
disclaimer: Mine isnt installed yet but I only hear positive feedback and reviews.

If I had a bunch of messy kids I might not however..... :D

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Go to the home page of this site and check the link to toilets. The brand preferred by most on this site is the Toto.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
To the second part of your question about HD or Lowes' and any of the other box stores is NO. They sell mostly what is commonly referred to as builder models, so named because build can buy them cheap for their spec houses. The new homeowner usually ends up replacing them because of their poor quality. It seems to me that you have an ideal opportunity to go first cabin here. Even if the city rebates only part of the cost, you would be wise to pay a little difference for one of the best. :)

TEO

Reaction score
master plumber mark said:
Get Either a TOTO, an ELJER, or a GERBER......

STAY AWAY from the american standards, especially the CHAMPIONS

Any of the one's listed?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Some of it is style...what looks good to you. Did you check out the toilet performance reviews on Terry's home page? Pick one that performs well, is on you list so you can get the rebate, and one that you like the looks of.

CityKid

Reaction score
I read the reviews on toilets and after a while get dizzy. Ha ha ha. Does getting a 3" opening as opposed to a traditional 2" really make that much of a difference? I was planning on a pressure assisted toilet but after reading about the 3" ones, am leaning towards that. Any advice is welcomed.

Achutch

Reaction score
Yes, it matters

Yes, the 3-inch toilets are the best. I have the Toto Drake. One flush, and everything's gone!! It's well worth the money!

Matt

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks