kitchen faucet, hot water trickles, but cold water is gushing

Users who are viewing this thread

obama

Reaction score
So when i turn on normal or cold, water comes out fast. when turned to the left for hot water, its a trickle. thought the faucet head was the problem but friend says no, must be rocks in the hot water tube. either way i dip my faucet head in clr and will put back in tmrw. (btw, do i need to clean the CLR off? how do i do that for the inside of it?)

his idea is take off faucet head, turn off water, remove the hose tubes from the hot and cold areas, pull that out with the faucet tube, and blow hard through that end to shoot the rocks out the other end.

so i go under the kitchen sink and spot 3 knobs to turn off water. he says turn off hot n cold. i think one leads to the garbage disposal. either way i successfully turn off the cold, but turning the hot off, water still came out and was hot when i turn on faucet. do i just need to tighten?

then i try to remove the tubes from the hot n cold but cant turn the turning thing (is it called a nut or something?) now im stuck. HOWEVER, i do notice that the faucet tube comes down into the cabinet below the sink and loops straight back up above the cabinet. WTF? how am i supposed to execute his plan?

any ideas are appreciated. seems like i have tons of trouble unscrewing things, tips please (yes i am a noobie :( )

thanks!!

moen-renzo-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks