Softer settings help

Users who are viewing this thread

Lornescot

Reaction score
Hi
I have a aqua max model 30klm. There is 12 to 14 grains of harness in our water. It's just my wife and I. We don't use much water other than 2 showers and cooking each day. We would like soft water without breaking the bank. On a septic too.
Salt is set at 10 pounds. Hardness came set at 27. Neighbour suggested 33. Capacity is set at 25 kg.
any advice would be appreciated for getting really soft water

Reach4

Reaction score
I don't know your softener, but I suggest that you get a softness testing kit. If you have some hardness coming through just before regen is expected, program to use more salt. If no hardness, try setting for a little less salt. A few grains of hardness leaking through during your testing will not be so bad.

The Hach 5-B test is well-recommended, and I am glad I bought mine. Buying directly from Hach can be good, although if a neighbor wanted one also, you could share the shipping charge.

Alternatively, make your own test with a dish soap solution. Calibrate by mixing soft water with a few drops of hard. Shake, and look for suds that persist for a few minutes. Your procedure should be able to detect small levels of hardness. So expect a mix of 90% soft and 10% hard to test at about 1.3 grains of hardness. If your test can distinguish that, then that should be a good-enough test.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks