Best toilet for a wet room.

Users who are viewing this thread

CanOfWorms

Reaction score
I am redoing a tiny bathroom into a wet room ( basically the whole room is waterproof with a central drain and no shower stall)
So the toilet will get wet all the time.

If you think this is a stupid idea, please hold your tongue.

Anyway, Any ideas on what design or brand toilet will best weather this environment?
Also, any ideas on least protruding or most compact elongated bowl toilet?
Thanks.

Reach4

Reaction score
Eco Promenade
28-1/4 + 3/4 inch of space to the wall on 12 inch rough-in.
https://terrylove.com/pdf/cst424ef.pdf

I don't know what would be special about a wet room.

Maybe a skirted single piece unit would have fewer crannys to clean in, but they may come out into the room a tad more.

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
basically the whole room is waterproof with a central drain and no shower stall

If you install a floor drain there, make sure you also install a trap primer for it. You don't want that thing drying out if the room sets dry for very long.

TOTO makes a compact elongated Aquia CST416M 27-1/2" front to back.
Their Drake CST744E elongated is 28-0" front to back
And if you're getting on in age and want something with more height, Drake II CST454CEFG with CEFIONTECT.

You could also use something like a Kohler Highline or a Cadet PRO

CanOfWorms

Reaction score
Thanks guys.
Good point about the trap primer.

I'd like to turn it into a steam room someday, but the bottom just fell out of my cash cow. Maybe once I find another one I will do that.

The Eco promenade is a handsome toilet, but the Aquia CST416M has a nice modern look that will go with the Euro feel of the wet room.

Thank you.

Last edited:

CanOfWorms

Reaction score
So I looked at those toilets and I see another one piece sold at home despot for $289. There is a new one from a local warehouse for $199.
It is Whitehaus 1-Piece Dual-Flush Elongated Toilet in White.
It is Assembled Depth (in.) 26.625 in . So that's another 1.5 inches.
Obviously no body here is going to say that its great, but is it any worse than the average HD toilet?

CanOfWorms

Reaction score
I am now talking about a new powder room I am putting in, but still toilets.10" rough

So I am gonna put a half bath in a closet space.
There is no rough in yet, can I save space by using a 10" rough in? Or will they all be pressure assist?

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
10" rough won't save you any space. The rough-in distance is just the measurement of where under the toilet the outflow hole is going to be. All you do by putting in a 10" rough-in is limit the choices of toilets that you have, because most toilets discharge in a place that is suitable for a 12" rough-in. You won't be able to use ANY 12" rough-in toilet on a 10" rough-in, because no 12" rough-in toilet has 2" behind the toilet before it touches the wall.

Reach4

Reaction score
You could save space with an 11.5 inch rough-in.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If you want one less hole to prevent water from possibly getting into the structure of the floor, consider a wall-hung toilet. These put a tank in the wall, and you can customize the height of the toilet seat, if you wish as well.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks