Best way to choose a contractor?

Users who are viewing this thread

Zoltan

Reaction score
What's the best way to choose a contractor?

Due to a leaking roof and some water damage I've dealt with two contractors in the past couple of months, both of who were highly recommended by friends. However, both of them ended up doing things in a non-standard way and not to best practices. I ended up either having to redo the work, or finding out after the fact when it was too late to do anything about it.

So, how do you find someone who'll do things the right way and without cutting corners?

Bill Shack

30years plumbing 10years plumbing inspector
Reaction score
You might check to see the local licensing authority. It is possible that the two contactors you used were not even licensed. Most licensed contractor would never do some thing non standard as they can be sued for damages. Get in touch with the local licensing authority some times they will have a web site showing who is licensed

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks