Garden Faucet Leak- Photo

Users who are viewing this thread

alwaysfixin

Reaction score
Hi: my garden faucet has a drip leak. I shut the water off to the house and took this out of the faucet. There does not appear to be any other washers or anything. Do I just go to the hardware store and get this part only? I had to reinstall it, so I will have to ask for one, but I don't know what it is called. Thanks for your help. Jeff.

FH06MAR_NOIFAU_02.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Quarterball

In the Trades
Reaction score
It looks like the stem from a (pretty old) frostproof sillcock. Do you have a picture of the unit that is on the outside of the house? There may be markings that help identify the manufacturer. Usually the washer on the end is removable and is a standard size for seat washers.

alwaysfixin

Reaction score
It looks like the stem from a (pretty old) frostproof sillcock. Do you have a picture of the unit that is on the outside of the house? There may be markings that help identify the manufacturer. Usually the washer on the end is removable and is a standard size for seat washers.
Thanks. I will check for any markings.

alwaysfixin

Reaction score
It has a large raised letter T on the side. Sorry for the lousy photo- was set to close up and I was using the view find instead on the screen.

Last edited by a moderator:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
he best part of the photo is your foot and the ruler. Other than that I have no idea what is in the picture. The second picture only shows a "generic" hose shut off valve so it is no help either.

Reach4

Reaction score
As Quarterball pointed out, you can probably just change the washer. Maybe take that piece to Ace Hardware etc, and the may be able to help you select the washer.

If that doesn't do it, expect to replace the whole sillcock. I doubt the seat is replaceable, and regrinding the seat would probably not be practical.
FH06MAR_NOIFAU_02.JPG

alwaysfixin

Reaction score
As Quarterball pointed out, you can probably just change the washer. Maybe take that piece to Ace Hardware etc, and the may be able to help you select the washer.

If that doesn't do it, expect to replace the whole sillcock. I doubt the seat is replaceable, and regrinding the seat would probably not be practical.
FH06MAR_NOIFAU_02.JPG
Thank you. Your photo looks pretty close if not identical to what I have. I will remove it and take it to the hardware store and hope that is all I have to do. Thank you again Reach4.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks