Gerber 3 valve faucet for tub/Shower

Users who are viewing this thread

GerberFaucet

Reaction score
After much trouble I was able to remove the faucets, stems, and seats and replace them with a new Gerber kit. Now instead of my cold water faucet leaking badly, my hot water faucet is leaking badly. The issue is that I had to work so hard to get the old hot side seat out, I think I may have destroyed the threads so that the new seat will not tighten up.

What can I do now?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
If you have destroyed the threads on the old valve body, you will need to replace it.

I often will cut the tile to remove the old valve, and install a new pressure balanced single handle faucet.

https://terrylove.com/forums/showth...-handle-tub-shower-faucet-with-Moen-Posi-Temp

buzzoni_tub_04.jpg

Trimmed with Moen repair plate and the "Moen Level" tub shower trim.
Now if they ever have an issue, there is the lifetime guarantee from Moen on the cartridge.
And we "know" what it is this time. It's much easier to "dial" in the temperature too.

buzzoni_tub_03.jpg

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
YOU do not usually destroy the threads when you remove a seat. That usually happens when you install the new one and do not get it caught straight which cross threads or strips the threads. Some plumbers have taps to restore the threads, even if they have to go to a larger thread and seat.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks