Exposed copper pipe to pedestal lav

Users who are viewing this thread

Hunter01

Reaction score
The plumber who plumbed my house left about 16" of exposed copper pipe visible to the side and behind the pedestal sink in the bathroom (visible from almost anywhere in the bathroom). Does someone make some type of cover for the pipe so I don't have to have the sink re-plumbed, but make it look nicer? Where would I get it? Something that is similar to the stainless above the shut-off would be nice. Thanks.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
Sounds to me like the rough-in was not done with a pedestal sink in mind.

Get some Nevr-dull and you can polish the copper pipe until it looks brighter than a brand new penny.

Hunter01

Reaction score
Yes, it is a floor supplied sink, and it is the pipe from the floor to the shut-off valve. It was plumbed (at least the plans called for) a pedestal sink. I don't mind the floor supply, because it is on a north outside wall, and with the winter we've had this year, I don't worry about freezing, at least. I'd rather not polish the pipe, however, would the Nevr-dull live up to its name?

Reach4

Reaction score
Search for spiral wire wrap and split wire loom. These are not what you want exactly, but maybe you would find one of those a temporary improvement while you search for something better. Also, you could paint your pipe.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
One more reason I'm not a fan of pedestal sinks. I charge twice as much to install those. About the same as installing a cabinet.

The rough needs to be perfect for them to look right too. That's more work and time inside the wall too.

Cwhyu2

Consultant
Reaction score
If was not a perfect rough I would set the valves at floor level and use crhome supply tubes,I have used 38 inch supply tubes and set the valves almost at floor level.
And the tubes I used are copper clad chrome.

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
If was not a perfect rough I would set the valves at floor level and use crhome supply tubes,I have used 38 inch supply tubes and set the valves almost at floor level.
And the tubes I used are copper clad chrome.

That makes sense for a floor supplied pedestal lav. Keeps the pipe out of the cold wall, and has a finished look.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks