Fleck 5600sxt plumbing reversed - help?

Users who are viewing this thread

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
Skippy, the difference is between someone that really wants to help and someone interested in making as much money as possible. Come to think of it, knowing how ditto likes to spend others' money, maybe a personal experience type would be the latter.

Larryn, no problem, thanks. The handyman should be able to add some resin without any problems.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
The difference is that anyone associated with the WQA is the enemy. Anyone with insurance, a license, qualifications, certifications or an education is specifically not qualified. LOL, too predictable.

And the name calling? Really necessary? Threats of "I kinow who you are"? Wow, so sad.

Larry, let me know if my friend in Vegas takes good care of you at a reasonable price. He has been in business for a long time and has a large established customer base. He may or may not be a member of the WQA, I dont really know, never been my business. I visit him a couple times a year and I regulalry refer people in his area to him since I have never had any one call me to say anything negative about his service yet. He is honest, has integrity, and has always been very fair in his pricing.

And as to a handyman adding resin, true it is not difficult, but why would you go that route again? When a water treatment dealer can do it for a similar cost and do it right, without causing further frustration and problems. I am not sure why someone on this site hates local dealers so much. Sure, there are some very lousy ones out there, as there are many lousy online resellers.

I need to rebuild the engine on my 77 KZ1000, any handyman out there available? :)

Larryn Pearl

Reaction score
Larryn, no problem, thanks. The handyman should be able to add some resin without any problems.
- I'm a bit obsessive and it would have driven me nutz every-time I showered wondering if my system was calibrated properly after the mishap with the handy man. The reseller gave me what seemed like a reasonable course of action to measure and was going to help me out, however, I still would have driven myself nutz wondering if we got it right. Bringing out a professional will relieve that angst and hopefully dial in my system properly.

Larry, let me know if my friend in Vegas takes good care of you at a reasonable price. He has been in business for a long time and has a large established customer base. He may or may not be a member of the WQA, I dont really know, never been my business. I visit him a couple times a year and I regulalry refer people in his area to him since I have never had any one call me to say anything negative about his service yet. He is honest, has integrity, and has always been very fair in his pricing.
Ditto, truth be told, I already had the guy's information that you referred; I submitted an inquiry on home advisory and he was one of the three companies they sent me. His reviews/ratings are are quite impressive, almost 5 out of 5 stars across the board (4.9) and this is from over 20 very satisfied reviewers. Speaks highly of his business. He's coming out tomorrow, I'll update with my thoughts.

Last edited:

Larryn Pearl

Reaction score
Larry, let us know what the dealer, or more likely his service guy does and how much it cost.
Custom Water Refining, Inc., very satisfied with the service and price, $160 (including parts) to work on my softener and install my RO. Pretty much what all the company's reviews said my experience would be, I believe it was the owner who came out.. Feel much better now.

Was so pleased with the work that I referred him to a co-worker who is wanting to install RO and needs a softener.

Last edited:

Larryn Pearl

Reaction score
As part of this project we installed a new kitchen sink. Prior to install our water pressure was so great that my wife would get mad if anyone changed the faucet to spray vs. solid stream because water would go EVERYWHERE. Well after installing the new faucet, softener and RO our water pressure blows. We did have the indecent with the resin, however, when I take off the sprayer unit I can find no trace of resin so I think we're OK.

So here's my question, 1) anyone run into anything similar? 2) Could there be a filter/screen installed under the sink that might be clogged with resin?

Larryn Pearl

Reaction score
As part of this project we installed a new kitchen sink. Prior to install our water pressure was so great that my wife would get mad if anyone changed the faucet to spray vs. solid stream because water would go EVERYWHERE. Well after installing the new faucet, softener and RO our water pressure blows. We did have the indecent with the resin, however, when I take off the sprayer unit I can find no trace of resin so I think we're OK.

So here's my question, 1) anyone run into anything similar? 2) Could there be a filter/screen installed under the sink that might be clogged with resin?

Reach4

Reaction score
I would unscrew the aerator, and see how much water comes out then. There may be a replaceable element calibrated to limit your water use. I think 2.2 GPM is the main mandate, and there are elements calibrated to give more like 1.5 and 1 GPM and other values.
http://www1.eere.energy.gov/buildings/appliance_standards/product.aspx/productid/64

I suggest you find out how long it takes to dispense a gallon of water. 27.27 seconds would be 2.2 GPM. So if you are anywhere near there, that is probably the problem. http://www.neoperl.net/en/oem/products/aerators/productlines/perlatorhc/pdb.html

Larryn Pearl

Reaction score
Haven't unscrewed aerator yet, however, I did fill my 2.5 gallon humidifier take today and it took me approximately 2:40 or if my calculations are correct .96 GPM.

EDIT: Just ran a gallon without the aerator and it took approximately 1:10.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks